Okay, so let's try this blog thing again and see if I can keep up with it a little better than last time! :) We just moved...AGAIN, this time to West Virginia. If this moving thing keeps up, I think I will need to buy our family one of those maps to hang on the wall and put push-pins in it to mark all the places we've lived. Hey, on a positive note, then my kids will be REALLY good at Geography! ;) Apparently, the Lord thought this small-town Texas girl needed some more adventure in her life, so here I am...living in a hotel with 2 cats, 2 kids and my hubby while we search for a house in small-town West Virginia. If that's not an adventure, I don't know what is!
This move was very different from the last in that it required some BIG sacrifices and involved the emotions of my children, making it all the more difficult. The tears of our kids can make us mamas have some crazy emotions, the kind that can make you want to do just about ANYTHING to take their pain away, like...say...taking your house off the market and refusing to leave! (I was truly tempted MANY times, like the night they both offered to give me their piggy banks to help buy the house back so we could PLEASE just not move!!!) BUT, through much prayer and petition, God made it abundantly clear to me that I was not to try to stop all this painful change from happening. I was to hold His hand and the hands of my husband and children and walk right through it...together.
You see, early on in this season of change, as I cried out to God for Him to rescue us, He whispered to my heart very clearly, Exodus 14:14, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still." It's from when Moses had led the Israelites out of Egypt and they were standing at the Red Sea about to be slaughtered by Pharaoh's army. It was in that moment that they thought there was no way out and that they were surely going to die. They wondered if they had made a mistake by leaving their home in Egypt. They began to question God and their anger burned against Moses for ever bringing them out of Egypt to begin with. It was in this moment of intense doubt and fear that God instructed Moses to lower his staff to the water. As he did, the Red Sea parted and made a way of escape for the Israelites. He came to their rescue but He required 2 things before He did: FAITH and OBEDIENCE. Moses had to use his staff and he had to believe before deliverance took place.
I believe this is what God is doing for our family right now and that is why He brought this verse to me. He knew that, just like the Israelites, we would question and be filled with doubt along the way. Things like, "Why??? It doesn't make sense to us that we were to leave the life we had built in Missouri with a wonderful church home, a great house and schools, friends and neighbors that were second-to-none. Really??? To come HERE?? To THIS place??? Are you SURE, God??" Many times along the way we have felt like we are trapped, like our backs are against the wall and there is no way out of all this yuck and muck and EVERY time, right when we think we are surely done for, God makes a way.
He has provided an amazing job for Bobby, one that is "immeasurably more than anything we could have ever asked or imagined" (Ephesians 3:20). The timing perfectly coincided with the end of our severance package from the previous job, so we didn't have to struggle to pay our bills. He sold our house in Missouri in 6 days, has provided a hotel room with separate bedrooms for us and the kids within 3 days of our arrival, when we had been told it would be at least a month before one became available, said hotel room has been completely paid for by Bobby's company (HUGE praise!!!), our kids got into the school we wanted but had been told they wouldn't be able to attend...the list goes on... He is most definitely fighting for us! The hardest part is being still. Most of what has taken place in the last 3 months has left us standing in awe of our mighty God, our Savior and King! We have no idea what lies ahead of us, but one thing we know for sure is it's going to be for our good and His glory!
I find such comfort and hope when I remember all these things God has done, as once again our backs are against the wall and we feel trapped with no way out. We haven't been able to find a home here. Prices are ridiculous and the houses often need A LOT of TLC. As I type this, I have just been informed that there are no hotel rooms available here for November. But we are trusting in God that He will once again make a way. He ALWAYS keeps His promises!
Hebrews 10:23 "We will hold unswervingly to the hope we have professed; for He who promised is faithful."
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment