Well, it seems that God wanted us to adapt to the cold weather really quickly, since He moved us here for one of the worst winters St. Louis has had in years. The snowfall is already DOUBLE the total from last year with 2 more snow months to go (Supposedly March is usually their biggest month for snowfall...go figure! Happy birthday to me!). I guess this means that next winter will seem like nothing, right?!!! Twice now, it has snowed 10+ inches in our area of St. Louis. CRAZY!!!!! However, it is beautiful when it first falls and Neil has had a blast in it, as you will see from the pics below. A little different from Houston, Texas, to say the least!
 |
| This was from the first time it snowed about a foot! It is hard to tell here, but it was still coming down when I took this from our balcony. |
 |
| Now you can see it coming down hard in the field in the distance. |
 |
| CRAZY!!!!! |
When the snow stopped, I took Neil out to play in it for just a little while. We couldn't stay long because they were warning that it was so cold that one could get frostbite after only 30 minutes. YIKES!!! Here are the pics I got of Neil making snow angels and some of Ella dressing in my winter gear. I decided not to take her out in it this time because of the extreme temperatures.
 |
| Posing. |
 |
| Trying to escape the camera! |
 |
| Daring me to catch her! |
One thing is for sure! So far, living here has definitely been nothing less than the greatest adventure of our lives! I could never have imagined it even a year ago today. It is so crazy to think that this time last year, we still had no idea we would be living in St. Louis playing in the snow the very next winter! God is so amazing! I am beginning to love it here, snow and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment