Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Magical Trip to The Magic House!

We finally went and saw what all the fuss was about!  Everyone here talks about The Magic House, St. Louis' version of the awe-inspiring Houston Children's Museum, and it definitely did not disappoint!  We had a wonderful time, as the pictures will attest.  We went kind of late in the day and got an AWESOME discount because of it, I might add! ;)  So we probably only got through about half of what the museum has to offer, but, with two little ones, it was more than enough excitement for one day!  We plan to go back sometime and finish exploring the rest of it.  I think it will be a lot more fun when Ella is just a bit older and can enjoy it more.  Here are the pics and a video of one of Neil's favorite areas we visited.

The Magic House is featuring a Bob the Builder exhibit until May.  A couple of years ago, Neil would have been thrilled about this, but, sadly, he has pretty much outgrown the Bob the Builder stage and was eager to move on to the next thing.  He did, however, amuse his mommy by pretending to drive a few of the characters before we left the exhibit, so I could get some pics.  Doesn't he look excited?! ;)  I can't believe how much my little boy is growing up!

Our little princess has taken her position in her favorite place in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!

A piano that makes bubbles to the music...Neil was in awe!

Neil learning how to work a pulley to lift himself up.

Playing in the water.

Finally, a place for Ella to play!

She LOVED the balls!

Of course, Neil had to check out the automotive repair shop!

Daddy teaching Neil about conductors and insulators...yes, I got that off the sign in the pic! ;)  It has something to do with batteries and light bulbs and that's about all I know.  Bobby, on the other hand, loves this kind of stuff and had a great time showing Neil how it all works.

Neil flipping switches to see what happens.
The bubble room was COOL!!!  Can you see the giant bubble Neil and Bobby are making???!!

This is a 3-story winding slide and Neil ran the stairs to do it 3 times.  He loved it so much!  I SO wanted to try it, but grown-ups aren't allowed.  I SERIOUSLY think they need to rethink that rule! ;)

The model train room!

Neil checking out the awesome model train!

Don't really know what to call this...you can climb it from one floor to another. 


Neil spinning the wheel to make music!
We truly had a phenomenal time and look forward to going back soon, maybe in the summer sometime.  And now for the video I mentioned above, so you can see a snippet of the action!

No comments:

Post a Comment