Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

Fall is a VERY big deal around here and people are just crazy about going to the pumpkin patch.  There are several to choose from, but one, in particular, has been mentioned to me over and over again as being the BEST. So, of course, we just had to go and see what all the fuss was about and it certainly did not disappoint!  Here are the pictures from our Saturday afternoon at THE pumpkin patch!  Enjoy!

So this is how it started...I was trying to get one of those adorable pics of my two precious children sitting in a pile of pumpkins BEFORE they got tired, dirty and hungry...

Obviously, here they were having NONE of it! ;)

Here I got Ella looking, while Neil is wiping his nose with his shirt...

And, here I got Neil looking while Ella is checking out the pony rides!

I was just about to give up when...

I finally got one that was as good as it was gonna get!  Not what I was originally going for, but I'll take it! ;)        

Next it was off to ride the "train"!



Our little Neil driving one all by himself (this was a first and he felt like such a big boy!)

Daddy and Ella getting ready to ride the train together.  People were laughing at Bobby trying to fit his long legs into this thing.  Oh, the things we do for our children!
And just for the fun of it, here is a video of them taking off for their ride.  The sound you here is the squeaking of the horns that are mounted on each "train car".  The kids all love it and squeak them the whole time.  The going joke among the adults is that the driver is either deaf or has nerves of steel!  Can you imagine having to listen to THIS all day?!


After the train ride, we went on the hayride.  I loved how the sound of the tractor and the dust blowing in the wind mixed with the smells of the farm took me back to my childhood!  It was wonderful, and the kids loved it, too!

Here we are just about to leave!

Ella putting her hand up to feel the wind.


Neil sitting on a bale of hay in the middle of the trailer.

The hayride takes you through the pumpkin patch.  We thought it was pretty amazing, so Bobby snapped a pic to share!  Some the the pumpkins were SO big that they were selling for $40.00!  Now THAT'S a lot of pumpkin pie!
 Next we took a break and just let Neil play and be silly.  There was an old fire truck and some old tractors he enjoyed climbing on and pretending to drive.

Standing in the back of the fire truck.

Our child who never meets a stranger "riding" with 3 other kids he has never met before...and loving it!

Now look who's driving!

Swinging from the back of the fire truck.

Who knew a tractor tire could make such a great chair!

Watch out!  Now he is driving a tractor!

AND another one!

I was brave enough to climb on for a ride!

Here are the 3 loves of my life acting silly!

Such sweet memories!

Last, but definitely not least, we introduced the kids to one of our all-time favorite things to eat at a carnival.  Any guesses?????  If you were thinking funnel cake, you would be right!

Here is Bobby educating Neil on the makings of a funnel cake!

YUM!  The finished product!
Ella having her first bite of funnel cake, which, by the way, she liked VERY much!

As you can see from the pictures, we had a FANTASTIC time and will definitely be returning again next year!  Anybody wanna come with us?! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great time. I fell out of my chair at the video of Bobby crammed into that pink car with Ella. Just like something Ken would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was pretty hilarious, but he insisted, of course! You know how it is! I actually think the big ol' kid in him secretly wanted to ride it! But don't tell him I told you! ;)

    ReplyDelete